Saturday, July 28, 2012

On the way to the beach!

Arrived in Alabama today after a LONG 12 hour car ride. TJ drove the WHOLE way and wouldn’t give up the wheel. I can’t imagine driving 12 hours straight. I want to drive on the way back to Texas though.

It wasn’t a bad 12 hours. Kati and I talked, and we listened to a book on tape called, “Sh#t my dad says.” Oh my goodness I absolutely recommend it. It’s TOO funny! I also played a neat game on my brother’s Kindle where you read a passage of a story and make decisions based on what you want to do after you read. Like a Roll playing game, I guess. You’re a pirate in fantasy world and you have to figure out how you want to fight and steal other ships, or interact with your comrades. I failed. I ended up being stabbed to death by the enemy...Kati told me that Gingers don’t make good pirates anyway. Haha, I’ll have to play it again.

We finally got an hour away from our hotel where mom, dad, and my little brother, John were staying and got off the interstate. There looks like a lot to do here. We turned the radio up, rolled the windows down and danced for the last bit of the trip. Kati and I also put our sunglasses on (at 10 at night) while we waved our arms to the music like bosses!!

Once in the hotel, we joined our other family members for a drink (that they had already gotten WAY into... it’s funny when you see your parents drunk) Our Hotel/Condo is really nice! We're on the 14th floor (which is REALLY the 13th... I honestly don't see why people have to make such a big deal about not having a 13th floor) with a large balcony with a view of the beach! I can't wait until we can actually see it.

Only adventures and lots of sun block await!

No comments:

Post a Comment