Saturday, July 28, 2012

An Interview without a Wallet


I had an interview yesterday! WHOO!!! Actually…yesterday was pretty crazy as a whole!

SO I got a call in the morning from the assistant to the principal asking if I would like to interview for their math department at their school in Houston for Monday. Unfortunately I have a family obligation that I could NOT get out of so I asked them if there was ANY other time I could come. So she asked if I could come in this afternoon for an interview… A 3 1/2 hour drive away so of course I said, “YES! I’ll be there in a few hours!” Hung up the phone, got in the shower, got my stuff together and TOOK off in the mean machine for Houston! Yahoo! Adventure!

*insert batman time skip*

So I found the school easily when I got there. The drive was great! No heavy traffic, no scary drivers! But, I also got there really early, which gave me enough time to gas up the car before the long trip home and thankfully there was a gas station just down the road! So I pulled up the station and looked in my purse for my wallet…and looked for my wallet…and dumped everything out of my purse..and did NOT see the wallet…Oh crap I just drove 3 hours from home and I do not have my wallet. I was in Houston…a place I’d NEVER been before without my driver’s license and without any money (unless you count a coupon to chic-fil-a for a free breakfast sandwich). That funny thing is, freaking out wasn’t the first thing I did. I burst out laughing! This is the sort of thing I would do. My mother and a bunch of my friends call it, “Pulled an Ivy.”

Thankfully, someone I knew knows someone in Houston who came to the rescue! and brought a little (well… a LOT…more than they should have) bit of cash and offered a place to spend the night. But I felt bad, because they had already gone WAY out of their way to save me, so I declined and drove back after my interview driving WAY under the speed limit to get home.

The interview itself went swimmingly! The Principal talked with me for an hour in a very informal laid back way. Then he proceeded to tell me I would be a great fit for this school and would love to work with me. The only down side is the job I was applying for isn’t really open yet. They are waiting for the teacher to resign ... and the teacher is waiting for his contract with the high school who are supposed to hire him but haven’t yet. Hopefully I’ll hear back from the local school or the Houston school soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment