This movie is okay, but I just LOVE this conversation the mother of the main character has with her daughter about a chat Haru had with a kitten when she was younger. Life IS Tough.
And I know it has GOT to get better from here. So I just need to take it one leg... one step...one day at a time while I figure out how to keep my head above water in all of this work that needs to get done.
10. I should not be aloud to touch to copy machine ever...I tend to break things.
11. Let students do projects for you that need to get done. Some of them actually enjoy helping you cut paper or prepare simple items for another class's lab. While sobbing in front of my principal, she suggested that I let some of my kids help me out during "Activity Period" or after school if they walk home or had time. And this worked well! While most of the students were writing a prompt I had given them about goal setting, I asked if any kids would like to help me with some projects instead which included cutting paper and plastic bag scraps for a lab I was going to do that day, and another group of students to look up some good quotes for me to put up on the board for my "Quote of the Day" Something my science teacher had growing up, and I thought it was a really cool idea. I wonder if they are aloud to use the copy machine? hmm
12. implement Seating Charts is a little more helpful than just letting them sit where they want. For my bio kids of 6 students...it's no problem... for my 8th graders of 15 kids...that is ALSO no problem... but all of my other classes have issues with talking, and being disruptive and not working. I tested one classes with a seating chart and it worked!...for a few days. Now I need to figure out a new chart
13 Classroom management is F><King key to everything, My management skills are awful at the moment. I am constantly making my way around the room stopping fires, getting students back on task, figuring out why the don't know a simple concept while I explained it to them in two different ways wit ha few examples of it no more than two minutes ago.
That's another thing I struggle with. What is the best way for students to understand that they can look up information for themselves and remember it better and feel so much more accomplished when they do so. I mean, obviously if they shoot me an answer about the topic we're talking about, I can (probably should anyway...lol) be able to get an answer to them in no time at all...but that loses value. They now know the answer to that one problem...they don't know how to solve it or one like it and challenge themselves with asking questions and researching answers and thus asking MORE questions. I want for ALL of them to get to a point where they are fascinating with what we're doing, and they'll want to learn more on their own. ... then again they're also 13.... so... I guess a girl can dream...and try and figure this out
No comments:
Post a Comment