Monday, September 3, 2012

Week One Down

Kinda sums up my week

One week in and my brain is already upside down and all sorts of insides out.

It’s a lot more difficult becoming this new teacher than I thought it would. Students are ALL sorts of differences.  They represent themselves so differently something that works in one class has the slightest change of working in another.

My management skills right now…are pretty suck. But I’m learning. I’m slowly coming up with a seating chart to figure out how to separate the talkers, and to bring the kids that force themselves in the back to the front to listen.

So crying and panic attacks.
I want to make sure these kids are getting the correct education they need to go above and beyond the next level of learning. Can I get them there? What is too dumb down information vs. too hard information? How do I explain myself to the class so that they understand  what is going on and what they need to focus on.
and some of the kids are great! and I always have to think if more things to do durring the day because they are organised and ready to go...then there are the other groups that I have to pull teeth to get even the first item on the agenda done

7. Asking a student, "Do you understand?"
8. Classroom competition...work REALLY well
9. The copy machine is evil...it always jams or runs out of tonor RIGHT when I need it)

No comments:

Post a Comment