Monday, June 18, 2012

Training Day Two!

It's been a little over a week since I've moved to San Antonio to live with my brother and sister-in-law and their two awesome dog. SO far so good, we all seem to be surviving together. It's a bit different from growing up fighting with your siblings over who gets to watch what on TV or who gets the biggest piece of pie for desert. It's so nice that we can get along now. It's strange, I'm always surprised at how mature he is and it's hard to forget we used to run around in the back yard throwing mud at each other.

I had my second day of Texas Teacher training today. Class Management. It's going very smoothly and it's amazingly informative. I don't think I could write enough notes from the lectures if I tried. Even though it's a six hour a day course, it's not hard to listen to...and by the end I still think, "Teach me more, Master!"

Especially when we watch the video Lectures by Harry Wong, who I just found out is pretty famous in the teaching world. Opps, go figure I just learned about him yesterday, but now he's my teaching hero. I was so into his lecture on classroom management, when he told his videoed audience to say "OWN IT" I totally did out loud too! Ha ha XD

I haven’t applied for any jobs yet, but I'm working on my application for the same district that my Sister-in-Law teaches for. It's almost finished, but I'm too afraid to submit it DX So much pressure. I'm so afraid I'll make a mistake on it. I need two more references and I need to write a letter of Intent.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO WRITE A LETTER OF INTENT.

OH! I also got to meet my neighbor for the first time today! On my way to school this morning I ran into her cute little yorkie that was running away from her as he game up to sniff me. We got to chat for a few seconds and she said how it was glad to have finally actually seen me, and didn't know if she ever would. I guess Kati told her about my arrival. I was to embarrassed to tell her I'd been inside with the AC cranked up, hiding from the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment