I have recently moved from small town, mom and pop, mostly older country folk Radford, Virginia to Large, hot San Antonio, Texas to find the opportunity of a life time. After Spending a year to turn my life around and to figure out what exactly it was I was wanting to do with my life I finally added Teaching to the test and was accepted as a Middle School Science Teacher!
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Pink and Say
Our Speaker for class today read us a story, as an example of a social studies lecture, Pink and Say. I remember having class members read this story in the second grade for a book report, and one of the girls crying because it was so sad. I hadn't read it myself, but I remember it was supposed to be a sad story.
Hearing it today and discovering that it was a true story absolutely brought me to tears! Oh my gosh! I need to buy this book. It’s extremely well written too. Patricia Polacco is my hero of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment