Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baby, you're a Firework


San Antonio Fourth of July fireworks is nothing like I ever expected!

Back in Virginia, you can’t buy your own firework. They’re all pretty much illegal unless you’re a professional using them for professional events, like at fairs and amusement park, such like that. And I’m pretty sure you can do what you want with sparklers…within reason. 

So, we all went with our families to a bug invested packed park to find some okay ground seats and overprised any kinda of booz. The Bands that they play are sometimes quite pleasent to listen too, but getting to an angele in which you can actually see the stage in hard to find. Whileyou listen to twangy coutry guitar and men you, bless their hearts, can't sing all that well.


So anyway, one our way home from dinner last night, TJ and Kati decided that it would be a good idea for us to stop buy a display off the side of the road to pick up a couple here and there. Well not only was there more than just here and there of firework…but they also had SEVERAL firework display ALL over the place to choose whatever you want within a huge variety, such as a small sparkler to a large base you smash in ground and fire up giant louse balls of powder into the sky to explode.  My favorite out of all of these must have been the Lady Bug. Not only is it shaped like an adorable ladybug, comes in a bag that looks like a child’s play purse.  

I set up my little buggy buddy in the street and lit the fuse on fire, before sprinting just far enough away to keep my toes intact if something might go wrong.  Once a good bit far enough away to feel safe, I watched to fuse slowly make its way to the top of the back of the bug and seem to die for a second. Before any of us decided to retrieve it, all of a sudden, the lady bug started spinning and spinning and spinning until it was WAY up in the air flying down the street with a pretty red light following it.

My second favorite firework had to have been these long tubes called Roman Candles. These shoot out 5-10 rockets depending on the size rocket. These you could light at the bottom, light the top, and hold it away from the face and up to the sky. This felt like I was holding a magic Harry Potter Wand! I couldn’t d help myself from whispering enchantments and waving the wands in different directions.  

All of the neighborhoods around us had plenty of goodies to share too. Everyone brought something different to be run up and down the street and to be blown up several ways. Including sticking 10 sparklers together with duck tape and placing them dead container to shove all of them into. This kinda turned out to be a lesser good idea than previously hypothesized. :D Anyway, those where torches in sticks created from 10 sparklers tapped together.

I’ll have to upload the pictures that I’ve taken so far, but I need new batteries for my poor little camera, Ticktock. Before I abuse him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment