I’ve noticed that after completing my degree in biology, any
nightmares I have had are way more vivid than they ought to be. Especially
after taking a year of anatomy and physiology and having to know all body parts
and how they work. Or taking Cellular and micro-biology where you see detailed
pictures of diseases and infections.
For a horrible example: the dream I had last night. I had a
dream that my brother and sister in law were completely decapitated. So thanks to
some textbook knowledge, medical videos, surgery viewing, and my imagination I
had a pretty grotesque (oxymoron, hey!) anatomically
correct bloody horror film playing in my head whilst I slept.
I think I woke up this morning more stressed out than when I went to bed. I t think Mitch Hedberg had the right idea, when he suggested than dreaming should just be watching yourself relaxed and comfortably sleeping instead of doing or seeing something crazy while your brain is revisiting and processing information.
I think I woke up this morning more stressed out than when I went to bed. I t think Mitch Hedberg had the right idea, when he suggested than dreaming should just be watching yourself relaxed and comfortably sleeping instead of doing or seeing something crazy while your brain is revisiting and processing information.
I have my first unofficial first day of work tomorrow morning, and I believe
I will finally be able to see my classroom and figure out what I need to do to
get ready for the school year. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’ve been
having nightmares about school too, but thankfully they haven’t included any
blood and gore, just blank walls and not knowing my lesson plan or my kid’s
names.
No comments:
Post a Comment